Independent verification and validation for flight control system
About the Client
The software so developed for the monitoring and control of engine and Aviation Electronics systems is high safety and mission critical software and its failure can lead to catastrophic impact to life and mission. Hence, Software so developed is to be compliant to DO 178B standards as per FAA certification rules. The Independent Verification and Validation guidelines of the DO 178B are to be enforced to remove all failure conditions of the software before going to the certification agent as per schedule with zero defects.
We have well documented the process and procedure complying with Do 178 B standards for carrying out the IV and V activities. The process and procedures are implemented through our own designed templates and checklists for carrying out reviews, inspection and execution of tests. We have templates for Software Unit Test Plan (SUTP), Software Test Case Scripts, Software Test Result (STR), Problem Reports, Test Activity Report (TAR), Test Summary Report (TSR). These templates and documented process helps customer in the following ways:
- It reduces the Knowledge Transfer time from customer to Tester, Project life Cycle time to correct the defect and problems.
- It reduces the time for analyzing the defects. Our independent team helps in analyzing the defect with its vast experience working in similar projects.
- Our reporting of problems found helps the customer to rectify the software easily.
- Our traceability helps in finding the missing requirements from being verified.
- Our well structured test plan helps customer to check various functionalities within shortest time.
- Our check list helps in improving quality, configuration and traceability.
Our performance improved the delivery schedule of the products with schedule and effort variation less than 5%. The error injection varies from 20- 5 % during our internal delivery. However, functional error in testing is 0% to the customer with non-technical error having maximum to 5%. The correction cycle for any defect is not more than 2 per delivery.